Wednesday, April 15, 2009

For The Love Of Art!

For the Love of Art
I figured since i love art so much, why not make a few post once in a while about my love..lol. The Philadelphia Art Museum is having an exhibit on Cezanne. I cannot wait to see it, So i can stand there in front of his master pieces and droll over his brush strokes.cezanne Pictures, Images and Photos Last year i saw FRIDA, another awesome exhibit. I went dressed like her on purpose, with a bun ,flowers and my long earrings, many did a double look, and a little elderly women came to me and said "You look like frida" lol that was funny. I love going to the Art Museum, to see the pieces of artwork i have studied in class and see for my self first hand what is beautiful about each painting.
Photobucket
How can i forget VanGogh, my favorite of them all. His exhibit was the best. I wanted to hurry up and stand in front of the "The Sunflower". His brushstrokes and textures are beyond words. Vangogh, once the world thought of him to be crazy, is now considered a master painter, with genius strokes and not conforming to what was "normal" at that time.
Photobucket


"And my aim in my life is to make pictures and drawings, as many and as well as I can; then, at the end of my life, I hope to pass away, looking back with love and tender regret, and thinking, 'Oh, the pictures I might have made!'"

Vincent van Gogh
-
Letter 338 to Theo
-
19 November 1883

No comments: