Saturday, May 5, 2012

I was finally able to see Van Gogh's "Up Close" exhibit. It ends tomorrow, so if you miss it, start crying now. The show is sold out completely, but i was lucky someone "cancelled" their order. It was meant to be! It is a very beautiful exhibition. All the paintings show cased left me breathe less. Seeing all the details and brushstroke  this close up is truly rare and magical. VanGogh has alway been my favorite artist. He saw the world as his own, and did not care or felt the need to give an explanation for how he painted. His purpose was to make people understand his vision. If he could see now how the world loves him,what would he say?


 “I…am always obliged to go and gaze at a blade of grass, a pine-tree branch, an ear of wheat, to calm myself.”Van Gogh wrote his sister in 1889





No comments: