Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Colors of Philly


Saturday was spent exploring my city. A city filled with so much history and the "first" of many things. Philly had the nation's first zoo, built by Ben Franklin. The nation's first "Daily" newspaper, the nation's first university (Pennsylvania), the nation's first paino by Johann Behrent in 1775 and of course the nation's first American Flag, sewn together by Besty Ross in her tiny shop. 
At times I do feel like we are under rated, but we are still a unique city with crazy Eagles and Flyer's fans who will defend them to the death. Also, we are known to be loyal and proud of anyone who may leave Philly, but still shows love for us, such as Will Smith, Kevin Bacon(gotta love his foot loose) and P!NK.

Anyhow, we walked, walked and did some more walking. We visited Elfreth's Alley, Queens Village, South Street of course and other places. Upon exploring, I could not help but notice all the lovely colors my city displayed in flowers, houses, murals and trash trucks. Below are some photos of the colors I saw and my outfit fit perfectly with my surroundings. What would I do without color in my life?
StarBucks at hand, Ready to go!
























Skirt: Joyce Lesile / Leggings: Joyce Lesile / Shoes: Lady Godiva / Bag: Gift from my sister

Signing off..oxoxCoke Stains and Cupcakes..oxox Painthead™

No comments: