Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Venexiana Spring/Summer 2015: New York Fashion Week



It's bittersweet sorrow thinking summer has come to an end, but it is also exciting because that means New York fashion week begins. This season started on Sept 4th and will run until Sept 11th. On Saturday Sept 6th 2014, I had the privilege of attending Venexiana Spring/Summer 2015 fashion show during Mercedes Fashion week in NY. I was invited and accepted without a second thought.
This collection was filled with future red carpet looks for the Emmy's and Oscars. One can only hope more stylist would dress the stars in these beautiful Venexiana gowns.

 Although I did not have an assigned seat, I was very happy where I ended up.
I ended up sitting on the floor next to the media photographers. These guys/gals are cool. They eat chocolate and red bull for lunch and kind of dress the same. They have a world within the fashion world. Mingling outside the seats becomes the best part of it all. You leave making "friends" who were on the same mission as you; that is to take photos and enjoy the show, even if it means you have to sit on the floor. I was truly happy to attend this show and to be up close to the models. I was able to see all the details on each gown.

In this collection you will see the mermaid silhouette, plunging necklines, open backs, one shoulder, beaded gowns with sequins and preciosa crystals. There was no holding back on the shimmer. Colors: Dusty rose, soft yellow, aqua, aquamarine, lilac, periwinkle, gold and black. Enjoy!




















All Photos by me
Signing off...oxox Coke Stains and Cupcakesoxox..PaintHead™

No comments: